Step 7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9 is S7 200 PLC Programming software. In this post, 365EVN shows you a new way to install the programming software for PLC S7-200 on Windows 10 x64 newest version (21H2). You can be using this way for all Windows 7/8/10 (32bit & 64bit).
Table of Contents
- 1 Preparing To Install Step 7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9
- 2 Step 1: Install “Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server
- 3 Step 2: Install S7-200 PLC Programming Software V4.0 SP9
- 4 Step 3: Copy the installed folder V4.0 (bin folder)
- 5 Step 4: Install Step 7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9 on Windows 10 64-bit
- 6 Step 5: Update PG/PC Interface, Install PC/PPI Cable Driver
- 7 Guide Video
- 8 Update
Preparing To Install Step 7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9
Software install files:
- Step 7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9
- Step7 Micro/WIN V4.0 (bin folder)
- Simatic PG/PC Interface Update Tool
- PC/PPI cable driver for “COM cable”
Download all the above files at the end of the post.
Hardware used for the test:
- S7-200 PLC CPU224
- PC/PPI cable (COM cable)
Step 1: Install “Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server
With our computer, default the MSMQ Server does not install. To install it, please read step 1 of the previous post.
Some friends contact us that their computer does not see or can not install MSMQ Server. We think your Windows maybe not be a full OS (little OS – for improving the speed), please check your Windows again.
Could be helpful for you:
- Unlock POU Password S7-200 Use Step7 MicroWIN V4.0
- Download, Upload Program PLC S7 200 SMART Use Ethernet On Step 7 MicroWIN SMART 2.6
- Download S7-200 PC Access & S7-200 PC Access SMART
Step 2: Install S7-200 PLC Programming Software V4.0 SP9
Extract the install source (V4.0 SP9) we have “Disk 1” folder, open this folder run “Setup” file, select the language -> “Next”. You will see a message “Searching local drivers for valid install…”, waiting a moment until it shows a message as below
Copy the file “Step 7-MicroWIN V4.0” to the path “C:\Program Files (x86)\Siemens” (with Windows x64) or “C:\Program Files\Siemens” (with Windows 32bit). Extract it, we have a “bin” folder inside and then you can delete the file.
Step 4: Install Step 7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9 on Windows 10 64-bit
- Back to install process with the message in step 2. Click “OK”, a window will show “Select directory”
- Click and find the “bin” folder in step 3. Click “OK” -> “OK” -> “Next” -> “Yes” -> “Next” until it show a message as below
- Click “OK” and then browse to the folder in step 3 and delete the “bin folder” (press “Shift” + “Delete”)
- Return to install the software process, click “Next” and install as normal. Waiting for the process to complete.
Step 5: Update PG/PC Interface, Install PC/PPI Cable Driver
After install the software, we need to update PG/PC Interface. Run the tool for update. And then, install the PC/PPI cable if you use a “COM” cable. For detail of steps, please watching the below video.
- Step7 MicroWIN 4.0 SP9: Link
- Step 7 Micro/WIN V4.0 (bin folder): Link
- Simatic PG/PC Interface Update Tool: Link
- S7-200 Cable Driver (for other makers): Link
- On Windows 10 x64, after installing Step7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9, you will see the error of “pniopcac.exe” every time you restart your computer. How to fix it, please read this post.
- “@365electricalvn: I found a workaround for this issue. I installed Simatic Manager 5.6 before Micro/Win and after that installation of Micro/Win went perfectly, without any error message. Most probably, Simatic Manager installs PNIO-Adapter (pniopcac.exe) correctly since this is the issue if you try to install only Micro/Win 4.0 with SP9” (Thanks to @guitarguru from Youtube comment).