S7-200 SMART PLC And HMI Pro-face Communication. In this post, 365electricalvn shows you: ” How to Connect Siemens PLC S7-200 SMART And HMI Pro-face Use RS485 Port” Use GP-Pro EX 4.09 and Step 7 MicroWIN SMART 2.6 Programming Software.
On GP-Pro EX programming software, we do not see the S7-200 SMART PLC in the device support list. We used the S7-200 PLC in the device support list to connect Proface HMI and S7-200 SMART. And it was successful, we can monitor and control the PLC from HMI via RS485 Port.
To communicate Pro-face HMI and PLC S7-200 SMART we used:
- Siemens S7-200 SMART PLC CPU ST20.
- Pro-face HMI GP 4402WW
- COM 9 pins (Male and Female) for communication cable.
- Step7 Micro/WIN SMART latest version for S7 200 SMART PLC programming.
- GP-Pro EX 4.09 SP1 for Pro-face HMI programming.
Could be helpful for you:
- S7-200 SMART PLC Communication HMI Delta Through Ethernet
- Upgrade Firmware PLC S7-200 SMART Use STEP 7 MicroWIN SMART
- Monitor And Control HMI Delta DOP 100 On The PC Use VNC Viewer
Connection S7-200 SMART To HMI Pro-face On The Software
On Siemens S7 200 SMART PLC Software
- Open Step 7 Micro/WIN SMART and create the project with the device.
- Set the parameter for RS485 port: Address and Baud rate
- Compile the project and download the S7-200 SMART program to PLC use the Ethernet port.
On Proface HMI Software
- Open GP-Pro EX and create the project with the device.
- On the “Device/PLC” step, select:
- Manufacturer: Siemens AG
- Series: SIMATIC S7 MPI Direct
- Port: Select the RS485 port (COM 2)
- Click “New Screen” and then click on “Project” -> “System Settings” -> “Device/PLC”. Set the parameter:
- Speed: Same as the baud rate on PLC.
- Device-specific settings set PLC Type: S7-200; Target node: PLC address.
- Tick on “Use Tag Data” and add the tag to the list with the address from PLC.
- Creare the HMI object with the address from the tag list above.
- Check error and download the project to HMI. You can download the program via Ethernet, via USB flash drive. Refer to the previous post for more information.
Communication Cable Proface HMI And PLC S7 200 SMART
- You can buy the “MPI cable (3.5m) by Pro-face” to connect Pro-face HMI and PLC S7 200 SMART.
- Final, turn on the power and check the communication Proface HMI and S7 200 SMART by try change some values on HMI and check on PLC or vice versa.
Guide Video: How To Communication Pro-face HMI And S7-200 SMART PLC
If you have any questions about communication between Proface HMI and S7-200 SMART, please comment below.
See you in the next posts!