How to monitor and control an HMI from the PC, laptop or smartphone? In this post, 365electrical will show you, monitor, control the Delta HMI DOP 100 from the laptop using VNC Viewer.
Table of Contents
What’s You Need To Monitor, Control HMI Using VNC Viewer
- With VNC Viewer you can mirror an HMI to a PC, laptop or smartphone and control the HMI from the same device. VNC Viewer is helpful when you testing, commissioning, monitoring your application with only one device. For example, you can test the PLC program and see the changes on HMI from the laptop.
To monitor and control the HMI from the laptop using VNC Viewer we used:
- WPLSoft v2.5 is programming software for Delta PLC for Multi-PLC Series (For testing program).
- Delta DOPSoft V4.00 is programming software for Delta DOP-100 HMI.
- VNC Viewer software for Windows.
- Hardware: Delta PLC model DVP16ES2 (For testing program), HMI DOP 100 Series with VNC function supported, mode: DOP-107EV.
- The DVP PLC and Dop 100 HMI communication via RS485 Type and DOP-100 HMI connect to the laptop by Ethernet cable.
If you are a newbie, please refer to the previous posts on 365EVN for how to download PLC, HMI Program or make the communication PLC and HMI.
Could be helpful for you:
- Download PLC Program Using USB Through HMI Delta DOP-100
- SELECT AN ENCODER FOR THE APPLICATION – PART 1
- Update Firmware PLC Siemens S7-1200. Upgrade and Downgrade PLC FW
Monitor, Control HMI On The PC Using VNC Viewer
On DOPSoft V4.00
- Open the software, add the device and programming your project.
- Enable the VNC function by click “Option” -> “Configuration” -> “Network Settings” -> “Remote Destop and Data Collection” -> VNC Enable. Note the password and Port informations.
- Download the program to HMI via Ethernet port, and note the IP Address of the HMI.
On Windows OS
- Download VNC Viewer software for Windows, you can download it from the home page or at the end of the post.
- Install, and create an account (option).
- Open the VNC Viewer, enter the DOP 100 IP address, password and connect to HMI.