In this post, 365EVN shows you the steps to download and upload the program for PLC S7 200 using USB PPI Cable On Step7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9. You can refer to the previous post to install S7_200 PLC programming software, download and upload using a “COM” cable.
Table of Contents
S7 200 PLC Programming – Download & Upload Program
In this post, we used:
- Software: Step 7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9 On Windows 10 x64 version 21H2
- S7-200 PLC CPU224XP CN
- USB MPI/PPI Cable (PC Adapter USB) from Amsamotion
- You can refer to all hardware here.
Step 1: Install Driver For USB MPI/PPI Cable
The first time when we put the cable to the PC and did not yet install the driver the MPI led on the cable will off. We can check by opening “Control panel” -> “Device manager” -> “Other Device”, it will show as belowTo install the driver for the S7_200 PLC Amsamotion cable, download the driver at the end of the post extract it. And then, find the driver file and copy it to: “C: \ Program Files\Common Files\Siemens\Automation\Simatic OAM\Drivers” (with Windows x64).
Open “Device Manager” again, select “SIMATIC PC Adapter USB”, right-click and select “Update Drivers” -> “Browse my computer for drivers”.
Select the folder: “C: \ Program Files\Common Files\Siemens\Automation\Simatic OAM\Drivers” (with Windows x64). Click “Next”, the driver will be installed automatically. Check again the drive has been successful installation on “Device Manager”.
- Unlock POU Password S7-200 Use Step7 MicroWIN V4.0
- PLC And KEPServerEX – How To Connect Delta PLC to KEPServerEX 6 Use Modbus
- Update Firmware PLC Siemens S7-1200. Upgrade and Downgrade PLC FW
Step 2: Download & Upload Program On PLC Programming Software
Open “Step7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9” -> “Set PG/PC Interface” and select “PC Adapter.PPI.1” -> “OK”.
- Amsamotion USB MPI/PPI Cable Driver: Link