Every time restart the computer after install “Step 7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9” on Windows 10 64-bit (or other WIndows), maybe you will see the “Pniopcac.exe Assertion Error” message. It is really annoying. In this post, we will guide you to solve the error.
With the message, you must press “Ignore” (two times) to skip it. But every time you restart your computer, the “pniopcac error” appear again. It is really annoying. However, someone installs Simatic Manager on their computer, they use Step7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9 without any error message. If you see the error on your computer, please continue reading the post to solve it.
Could be helpful for you:
- Step7 MicroWIN on Windows 10 64 bit (V4.0 SP9). How to Install
- Unlock POU Password S7-200 Use Step7 MicroWIN V4.0
- Step7 MicroWin Smart For S7-200 SMART Series
How to Fix the Pniopcac.exe Error
The way we use: Rename the file “pniopcac.exe“. We look it in the startup item on our computer but did not found. Note: After renaming the file please check the working for other programs (By Siemens). On our computer, we tested for Step7 MW V4.0 SP9, it is no problem.
Now, following the instruction to fix the error:
Step 1: Add “Take Ownership” To Right-Click Menu In Windows
- Download the tool “Take Ownership” on the link at the end of the post.
About the tool: Default, you can not editing, renaming and deleting some files protected by Windows 10 (and other Windows) Operating systems. The tool helps you with an easy way to do it. For more information about the “Take Ownership” please use “Google” ^_^.
- Extract the file downloaded zip file, right-click on the “Install Take Ownership.reg” file and then click the “Merge” option. If you see the following file security warning, please click the “Run” button.
- To remove the “Take Ownership” option from right-click menu, please select the “Uninstall Take Ownership.reg” file extracted above and do it with the same steps.
Step 2: Fix the Error
- Open the path: “C:\Windows\SysWOW64”
- Right-click on the “Pniopcac.exe” file -> “Take Ownership”
- Rename the “Pniopcac.exe” file to “Pniopcac-backup.exe”
- Restart your computer and enjoy the result
Note: After you rename the file, if your computer has a program (or more) not working normally, you rename the file again. Please, notice to us by comment below. Thank you.
Direct Link Download
- Take Ownership Tool: Link