Default, Siemens Step7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9 does not support Windows 10. With Win 10 32-bit, we can install it as normal. However, on Win 10 64-bit we must be looking for another way. This post will guide you to install Step7 MicroWIN on Windows 10 64 bit (V4.0 SP9).
To Install Step 7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9 on Win 10 64bit we use both install sources (V4.0 and V4.0 SP9). You can download the versions (install source) at the link of the previous post. Now, try following the step by step to install the soft on Windows 10 x64:
Previous post: Step 7 MicroWIN on Windows 10 (V4.0 SP9). How to Install
Step 1: Install “Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server
With our computer, default the MSMQ Server does not install. To install it, please read the previous post.
Some friends contact us that their computer does not see or can not install MSMQ Server. We think your Windows maybe not be a full OS (little OS – for improving the speed), please check your Windows again.
Could be helpful for you:
- Unlock POU Password S7-200 Use Step7 MicroWIN V4.0
- Step7 MicroWin Smart For S7-200 SMART Series
- Download S7-200 PC Access & S7-200 PC Access SMART
Step 2: Install Step7 MicroWIN V4.0 the first
Extract the install source (V4.0), right-click on “Setup.exe” -> Run as administrator. Restart the windows when the install is completed.
Note: During the install process to complete may have some errors, please click “Ignore” or “OK” to skip.
Step 3: Copy the installed folder (V4.0), uninstall it
Open the path: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Siemens” copy the folder “Step 7-MicroWIN V4.0” to another disk (ex: E:\\). After uninstalling it (we recommend using the “Your Uninstaller! Pro” soft for this work). You can download it at the end of the post. Restart the Windows.
Step 4: Install Step7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9 on Windows 10 64-bit
- Copy the installed folder “Step 7-MicroWIN V4.0” above to “C:\Program Files (x86)\Siemens”
- Extract the install source (V4.0 SP9), right-click on “Setup.exe” -> “Run as administrator” and install the soft as normal.
- When you see a message “You must uninstall the previous version…”, please open the path: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Siemens\Step 7-MicroWIN V4.0\bin” and delete the file “microwin.exe”.
- Return the install process, press “OK” and continue.
- Waiting to finish the install. Enjoy it!
- On Windows 10 x64, after installing Step7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9, you will see the error of “pniopcac.exe” every time you restart your computer. How to fix it, please read this post.
- “@365electricalvn: I found a workaround for this issue. I installed Simatic Manager 5.6 before Micro/Win and after that installation of Micro/Win went perfectly, without any error message. Most probably, Simatic Manager installs PNIO-Adapter (pniopcac.exe) correctly since this is the issue if you try to install only Micro/Win 4.0 with SP9” (Thanks to @guitarguru from Youtube comment).
Direct Link Download
- Your Uninstaller! Pro V7.5: Link