How to communication Simatic KTP700 Basic DP HMI and S7-200 PLC use RS485 Interface? This post guides you to do it.
Communication KTP700 Basic HMI and S7-200 PLC. What you need?
To connect KTP700 Basic HMI and S7-200 PLC you need some things:
- The Software:
- For HMI device: WinCC V13 or higher. In this post, we use WinCC Advance Version 15.1 (TIA Portal V15.1) on Windows 10 Pro 64-bits (Version 1903) operating system.
- For PLC device: Step7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9 on Windows 10 Pro 64-bits Version 1903.
- The Hardware:
- Simatic HMI KTP 700 Basic DP.
- Siemens PLC S7-200 CPU 224
- RS485 cable (RS232/RS485 Serial Port DB 9pin: 02pcs, cable). You can refer the post to make a communication HMI and PLC.
Could be helpful for you:
- Set Focus An Object in WinCC – TIA Portal When Screen Changes
- Communication In Between Delta DOP-100 Series HMI and Siemens S7-300 PLC
- AutoCAD Electrical (2019.0.1) – The Software For Electrical Controls Designers
Config the connection parameters on software
On S7-200 PLC Software – Step7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9
To config on Step7 MicroWIN V4.0 SP9 please follow the steps:
- Step 1: Click “System block” -> “Communication Ports”.
- Step 2: Set the parameter: PLC Address: 2; Highest Address: 2; Baud rate: 187.5 kbps … See all on the picture below.
- Step 3: Compile the project and download to the PLC device.
On KTP700 Basic DP HMI Software – WinCC Advance V15.1
- Step 1: Create a project and select KTP700 Basic DP. I used HMI Code: 6AV2 123-2GA03-0AX0.
- Step 2: On “Project tree”, click “HMI [KTP700 Basis DP] -> “Connection”.
- Step 3: Create an HMI connection to S7-200 PLC. Communication driver is “SIMATIC S7 200”.
- Step 4: Set the parameters:
- Step 5: Compile the project and download it to the HMI device. With KTP700 Basic you can download the project to the device by use PROFIBUS/MPI cable or USB Disk. On our blog we guided both methods, you can refer it.
- Download HMI Program Via USB Disk in TIA Portal Software
- How to Download HMI Program in TIA Portal Use MPI/Profibus Interface Type
The cable for connection KTP700 Basic DP HMI and S7 200 PLC
Check the HMI device serial interface, 9-pin sub-D socket, female as below
- Pin no 3 of the HMI port to pin no 3 of the PLC port (Data signal B+)
- Pin no 8 of the HMI port to pin no 8 of the PLC port (Data signal A-)
- Pin no 5 of the HMI port to pin no 5 of the PLC port (GND 5V, floating)
Enjoy the result. Now, you can connect, control the S7 200 PLC with KTP700 Basic DP. And, if you have any questions, please comment below.
-365EVN; Refer: Siemens.com–