Continue the tutorial: Connect and control PLC by HMI. In the previous post, you are already selecting the connection method and set the connection parameters on software (The example: connect PLC S7-200 and Delta HMI DOP-B (B07S411)). Today, we will show you how to make the communication cable by hand.
Make the PLC to HMI communication cable by hand
– It is simple, you can easy to buy the tools, equipment… at an electronic store
– It is easy to make a communication cable at a low price and quickly.
– You can easy to check, replace.
– The cable is suitable for small applications, one PLC – one HMI.
– However, with medium and large applications, it is not suitable.
– Look like not pro (^_^).
– The quality of the cable is dependent on the maker experience.
Tool and equipment must have
- Welding equipment: Pencil soldering iron, Solder wire, Rosin, Soldering Iron Holder Stand, Heat shrink tube …
- Connection equipment:
– RS232 Serial Port DB9 9 Pin (Male or Female): As normal is male connector because communication port of PLC, HMI is the female connector.– Shielded Communication wire: 4 cores (or more), 0.5 – 0.75mm2. Wire length: please check the distance from PLC to HMI on the control cabinet by measure tape.
Could be helpful for you:
- Delta DOPSoft V4 – HMI Soft for DOP-100 Series – Download & Setup
- Install Siemens Step 7 MicroWIN V4.0 on Windows 10
- Download Automation Software – Documentation
Step by Step
- Step 1: Check connection diagram again (Ex: S7-200 and Delta HMI DOP-B)
- Step 2: Soldering Components on RS232 Serial Port DB9 9 Pin
- Step 3: Install the cable to PLC and HMI and checking the connection.
Hope that the post will be helpful for you to make a communication cable PLC and HMI by yourself. If you have any questions, please comment below.