Continue the tutorial: Connect and control PLC by HMI. On the previous post, you are already selecting the connection method and set the connection parameters on software (The example: connect PLC S7-200 and Delta HMI DOP-B (B07S411)). Today, we will show you how to make the communication cable by hand.
Make the PLC to HMI communication cable by hand
– It is simply, you can easy to buy the tools, equipment… at an electronic store
– Easy to make a communication cable with a low price and quickly.
– You can easy to check, replace.
– The cable is suitable for small applications, one PLC – one HMI.
– However, with medium and large applications, it is not suitable.
– Look like not pro (^_^).
– The quality of the cable is dependent on by the maker experience.
Tool and equipment must have
- Welding equipment: Pencil soldering iron, Solder wire, Rosin, Soldering Iron Holder Stand, Heat shrink tube …
- Connection equipment:
– RS232 Serial Port DB9 9 Pin (Male or Female): As normal is male connector because communication port of PLC, HMI is the female connector.– Shielded Communication wire: 4 cores (or more), 0.5 – 0.75mm2. Wire length: please check the distance from PLC to HMI on control cabinet by measure tape.
Could be helpful for you:
- Delta DOPSoft V4 – HMI Soft for DOP-100 Series – Download & Setup
- Install Siemens Step 7 MicroWIN V4.0 on Windows 10
- Download Automation Software – Documentation
Step by Step
- Step 1: Check connection diagram again (Ex: S7-200 and Delta HMI DOP-B)
- Step 2: Soldering Components on RS232 Serial Port DB9 9 Pin
- Step 3: Install the cable to PLC and HMI and checking the connection.
Hope that the post will helpful for you to make a communication cable PLC and HMI by your sell. If you have any question, please comment below.
On the post, if you see the error about the sentence, grammar… please help me to edit it by comment below. I will glad to hear from you. I am looking forward to improving my English. Thank you very much <3.