How do communication Delta DOP-100 and S7-300 PLC? This post guides you: “Communication between Delta Dop-100 Series HMI and Siemens S7-300 (CPU315) PLC”. The content of the post writes by Mr Adil Ishtiaq from Pakistan. Thank you very much for your great sharing.
Table of Contents
Select the connection method Delta DOP-100 and S7-300 PLC.
- I was using Delta DOP-100 series HMI (DOP 110WS). In its instruction sheet, there is a connection description for the RS485 connection.
- I used COM3 in Mode2 (RS485) for both COM2 and COM3. Since there is only one physical port fulfilling the purpose of COM2 and COM3 on Delta DOP 110WS HMI.
- By considering the Siemens S7-300 PLC instruction sheet I found the terminal/pins for receive/send data pins for the MPI port.
- Connections pins that I used for communication are highlighted
Could be helpful for you:
- Download Delta HMI Program via Ethernet Using DOPSoft V4
- S7-200 and WinCC Flexible. How to Make a Communication? Tutorial 1
- Step 7 MicroWIN on Windows 10 (V4.0 SP9). How to Install
Select the connection parameters on the software
On Delta DOP-100 HMI Software
- Software version: DOPSoft Version: 4.00.06, Build: 4.00.06.19. You can download the latest version of DOPSoft V4 here.
- As described earlier I used COM3 and configured a link for SIEMENS S7 300-400 (Direct MPI). I used the RS485 communication interface for communication between Delta DOP-100 and S7-300 and the rest of the settings as shown in the figure above
On S7-300 PLC Software
- Software version: Simatic Manager Step 7 version V5.6 (Old versions can also be used).
- Create a project and select the S7-300 Series CPU. I used CPU 315: 6ES7315-1AF03-0AB0.
- Go through the hardware configuration -> CPU object properties -> Interface properties (interface by default set to MPI)
- Set the address of “2” (as set in PLC station value in HMI communication settings)
- Go to the further properties of the subnet (MPI1) -> Network Setting
- Adjust the transmission rate the same as of baud rate set in HMI communication settings i-e: 187500 bps.
You can read more of the posts on the 365EVN about:
If you have any questions about Communication In Between Delta DOP-100 and S7-300 PLC please comment below.
-By Mr Adil Ishtiaq from Pakistan-
If you find this content valuable, please rate it (click the button above), share it with your friends or invite me for a coffee by clicking the button below.