How to communication Delta DOP-100 and S7-300 PLC? This post guides you: “Communication in between Delta Dop-100 Series HMI and Siemens S7-300 (CPU315) PLC”. The content of the post writes by Mr Adil Ishtiaq from Pakistan. Thank you very much for your great sharing.
Select the connection method DOP-100 and S7-300 PLC.
- I was using Delta DOP-100 series HMI (DOP 110WS). In its instruction sheet there is connection description for RS485 connection.I used COM3 in Mode2 (RS485) for both COM2 and COM3. Since there is only one physical port fulfilling the purpose of COM2 and COM3 on Delta DOP 110WS HMI.
- By considering the Siemens S7-300 PLC instruction sheet I found the terminal/pins for receive/send data pins for MPI port.Connections pins which I used for communication are highlighted
Could be helpful for you:
- Delta DOPSoft V4 – HMI Soft for DOP-100 Series – Download & Setup
- S7-200 and WinCC Flexible. How to Make a Communication? Tutorial 1
- Step 7 MicroWIN on Windows 10 (V4.0 SP9). How to Install
Select the connection parameters on software
On Delta DOP-100 HMI Software
- Software version: DOPSoft Version: 4.00.06, Build : 4.00.06.19
- As described earlier I used COM3 and configured a link for SIMENS S7 300-400 (Direct MPI). I used RS485 communication interface and rest of the setting as shown in the figure above
On S7-300 PLC Software
- Software version: Simatic Manager Step 7 version V5.6 (Old versions can also be used).
- Create project and select S7-300 Series CPU. I used CPU 315: 6ES7315-1AF03-0AB0.
- Go through the hardware configuration -> CPU object properties -> Interface properties (interface by default set to MPI)
- Set the address of “2” (as set in PLC station value in HMI communication settings)
- Go to the further properties of subnet (MPI1) -> Network Setting
- Adjust the transmission rate same as of baud rate set in HMI communication settings i-e: 187500 bps.
-By: Mr. Adil Ishtiaq from Pakistan-