With the WinCC Flexible Runtime, you can control, monitoring … the controller (PLCs) on your computer. In this post, we will guide you to communication between S7-200 and WinCC Flexible 2008 SP5.
The Software and Hardware Used in this tutorial
- WinCC flexible Runtime 2008 SP5: WinCC flexible Runtime is a high-performance and comprehensive software for the visualization of processes in projects you created with the WinCC flexible Advanced programming software. When you install WinCC flexible, the “Runtime” is included.
- S7-200 PC Access V1.0 SP6: The software application that enables you to extract data from S7‑200 PLCs. You create tags for the PLC data and use the included test client for PLC communication.
- Step7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9: The programmable software for S7-200 PLCs.
- You can download all software above at the download area of 365electricalvn by following the links below. After downloading the software, please install all in one computer.
- The laptop with Windows 7 SP1, 32-bit operating system
- A controller (S7-200 CPU 224 CN) for communication PLC with WinCC flexible
- A Siemens USB/PPI Multi-Master cable
- Accessories: 24VDC power, wire …
Could be helpful for you:
- Siemens WinCC Flexible 2008 SP5 (Service Pack 5) Download
- Download S7-200 PC Access & S7-200 PC Access SMART
- Step 7 MicroWIN on Windows 10 (V4.0 SP9). How to Install
Communication between S7-200 and WinCC flexible Runtime 2008
To connect S7-200 with WinCC flexible 2008, we need working on all software listed above.
On Step7 Micro/WIN V4.0 SP9
- Create and save the S7-200 project for your application.
- Compile and download the project to the controller (PLC).
- Note: Create the symbol table for all variables, input, output (V, M, I, Q …), it helps you easily to manage, control, monitoring … on next step.
- Open the software. Click on “File” -> “Import symbols …”. And then browse to the S7-200 project file (.mwp) created on the previous step.
- On project tree, click to the name of the symbol table. All symbol will show on the screen.
- Save the S7-200 PC Access project.
This tutorial pauses here, on next post we will continue with the steps on WinCC flexible 2008 SP5 software.
-365EVN; Refer Siemens–