How to Download HMI Program in TIA Portal Use MPI/Profibus Interface Type. This post guides you: Download the program in TIA Portal V15.1 to Simatic HMI KTP700 Basic DN using MPI/Profibus interface type.
The software and hardware used to download hmi program in the TIA portal
- The Software: TIA Portal V15.1 (WinCC Advance Version 15.1) on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Version 1903) operating system.
- The Hardware:
Could be helpful for you:
- Communication In Between Delta DOP-100 Series HMI and Siemens S7-300 PLC
- S7-200 and WinCC Flexible. How to Make a Communication? Tutorial 1
- S7-200 SMART Software New Version – Step7 MicroWIN SMART V2.4 Download
The Steps to Download the HMI Program in TIA Portal
- Connect the HMI to a power supply (24VDC), the cable to HMI and Laptop.
- Open “Windows Setting” -> “Control panel” -> “Set PG/PC Interface”.
- On the “Access Path” tab, select “MPI WinCC -> PC Adapter PROFIBUS” (Or PC Adapter MPI). Click “Properties..” and set the parameters for the station and the network.
- Open the HMI project with TIA Portal. Click the HMI -> Screens. Click the “Online” menu -> “Download to device”.
- A new window will open. Select PROFIBUS (or MPI) on “Type of the PG/PC interface. And then click the “Start search” button. The status information will show at the bottom of the window: “Scan completed. 1 compatible of 1 accessible device found”.
- Click the “Load” button. The “Load Preview” window will show. Select the options and click the “Load” button. Waiting for the process to complete and enjoy it.
Some things more
- When you search the device, you might see the error: “Online: The local MPI address for the programming device/PC is higher than the maximum device address or the wrong transmission rate or wrong interrupt is set“. Please check again in “Station parameters” (Step 3) and the connection parameters on the HMI setting (the same as the parameters in PG/PC Interface in Step 3).
- In the next post, we will show you another method to download the HMI program in TIA Portal (use USB).
- With another Simatic HMI Model, the steps are the same.
- You might download TIA Portal V15.1 (or older version) at the download area of 365electricalvn.
- If you have any issues about download hmi program in the TIA Portal, please comment below.
The guide video: Download HMI Program in TIA Portal V15.1
If you can not watch the video on Youtube, please watch it: Here
- All guide videos about PLC HMI, VFD and Servo programming by 365evn: Link
You can refer to more: Download HMI Program in TIA Portal Software Via USB Disk Guide
-365EVN; Refer: Siemens.com–
If you find this content valuable, please rate it (click the button above), share it with your friends or invite me for a coffee by clicking the button below.