On the previous post, we guided to Download HMI Program in TIA Portal Use MPI/Profibus Interface Type. This post we guide you: Download HMI Program via USB disk with TIA Portal. You can backup or restore the program by this method too.
The software and hardware use on the post
- The Software: TIA Portal V15.1 (WinCC Advance Version 15.1) on Windows 10 Pro 64-bits (Version 1903) operating system. Note: You must use the TIA Portal V14 or higher for download the Simatic HMI program via USB function.
- The Hardware:
Could be helpful for you:
- How to Download HMI Program in TIA Portal Use MPI/Profibus Interface Type
- Communication In Between Delta DOP-100 Series HMI and Siemens S7-300 PLC
- S7-200 and WinCC Flexible. How to Make a Communication? Tutorial 1
The Steps to Download HMI Program via USB in TIA Portal
- Step 1: Connect the USB to your computer. We recommend using an empty USB.
- Step 2: Open the HMI project with TIA Portal. Select the device on “Project tree”. Click “Edit” menu -> “Compile” (or Ctr + B) and ensure that the project does not have the error.
- Step 3: On “Project tree”, click “Card Reader/USB memory”. And check the USB disk, it is already here.
- Step 4: Click and hold the left mouse. And then drag the project to the USB disk, drop it here. Select the options you want loading to the device. Click the “Load” button, waiting for the process to complete.
- Step 5: Open the USB disk, you will see a folder “Simatic.HMI”, continue open this folder you will see two folders are “Firmware” and “RT_Projects”. Final, remove the USB disk from your computer.
The Steps to Download Program via USB on the HMI device
The steps below we working on Simatic HMI KTP700 Basic DP. The steps are the same on another devices.
- Step 1: Connect the USB disk to the HMI device. And on “Start Center” screen click “Settings” -> “Service & Commissioning” -> “Project download”
- Step 2:The USB disk will show here. Press “Start search” if you do not see it. Click the symbol “>” at the right bottom corner and go to the next step (Step 2/4).
- Step 3: The project name will show here. Press “Start search” if you do not see it. Click the symbol “>” at the right bottom corner and go to the next step (Step 3/4).
- Step 4: Click the symbol “>” at the right bottom corner and go to the next step (Step 4/4). Note: If the version on the device and the USB disk are different, you must “On” the option “Upgrade or downgrade the firmware”.
- Step 5: Review your settings and click “Accept” to download the program to the Simatic HMI device and waiting a moment for the process to complete. Your HMI program downloaded to the device via USB.
Backup and Restore the Simatic HMI Program via USB
The steps are the same as above. Note: When you backup the program on the Simatic HMI via USB, the file “.psb” will be created and you can not edit it.
The guide video
-365EVN; Refer: Siemens.com–