When you change a screen on WinCC (TIA Portal) to other screen. Default, it will set an object to focus. This one will show a screen with “no clear” and “no beautiful”. How to “Set focus an object in WinCC use tab sequence”. This post shows you the steps to do it.
The issue with “Set focus an object in Wincc” in the default
Default, WinCC will “set focus” to an object when you design the interface for an HMI or WinCC runtime. The object may be a button, a switch or an I/O field… When you change the screen, it shows you a screen “not clear” and “not beautiful”. You can see this in the image below. This post will guide you “set focus” to a “hidden object” using tab sequence. the result is the screen will be more “clear”, and “beautiful” when changed. Now, we start!
The software used on the post
- The Software: WinCC Advance V15.1 (TIA Portal V15.1) on Windows 10 Pro 64-bits (Version 1903) OS.
- The HMI used for the design interface: Simatic HMI KTP 700 Basic DP.
Could be helpful for you:
- Download HMI Program Via USB Disk in TIA Portal Software
- Communication In Between Delta DOP-100 Series HMI and Siemens S7-300 PLC
- S7-200 SMART Software New Version – Step7 MicroWIN SMART V2.4 Download
The steps to “set focus” an object in WinCC – TIA Portal use tab sequence
- Step 1: Open the software, select your HMI and put all objects (button, switch, I/O field..) for your interface.
- Step 2: Create an object (a button). In button properties, click “Appearance” -> set “Fill pattern” (Background) to “Transparent” and “Width” (Border) to “0”. And then click “Design” and set “Width” (Focus) to “0”. Note: we recommend the size of the button is small (ex: 10×10).
- Step 3: On the system menu, click “Edit” -> “Tab sequence” -> “Edit tab sequence”. On the current screen, above all objects (including hidden objects – the button created above) you will see a tab sequence number.
- Step 4: Click on the tab sequence number of hidden objects – the button created above. Change the number to “1”.
- Step 5: Finished set focus an object in Wincc tia. When you change the screen you will see a screen “clear” and “beautiful”.
Some notes when set focus on an object in TIA Portal
- With the way to Set Focus An Object in WinCC TIA Portal above, you can use it on all screens of the HMI.
- With the screen having a button (or more), you do not need to create the hidden object. Set focus (“1”) to the button and set “Width” (Design -> Focus) to “0”.
- To exclude an object from the tab sequence, press the keys (Shift+Ctrl) during click on the tab sequence number. The tab sequence number will change to “*”.
- In this post, we use the screen background, background icons are white colour. Your HMI may have some differences.
- If you use WinCC (not in TIA Portal) or WinCC Flexible the steps to “Set focus an object in Wincc” may not be the same. Please comment below on your idea.
If you have any questions about Set Focus An Object in WinCC – TIA Portal When Screen Changes please comment below.
-365EVN; Refer: Siemens.com–
If you find this content valuable, please rate it (click the button above), share it with your friends or invite me for a coffee by clicking the button below.