Install HSP in TIA Portal – How to do it? This post, in series, learn Siemens S7-1200 on 365EVN. We will show you about HSP in TIA Portal (Totally Integrated Automation Portal).
INSTALL HSP TIA PORTAL – Some information
- In this post, we only show HSP for S7-1200 CPU with FW V4.0 or later. For another device, you can read the manual for more information.
- What is HSP in TIA Portal?
HSP is a “Hardware Support Package“. With this HSP you can install newer devices in TIA Portal Hardware Catalog. For example: With TIA Portal V15.1 (we installed it in the previous post) you only create a project with an S7-1200 CPU with firmware up to FW V4.2. However, after you install HSP tia Portal S7-1200 V4.3.1 you can be working with V4.3 FW on TIA Portal V15.1.
Why do need to INSTALL A HARDWARE SUPPORT PACKAGE FOR TIA PORTAL?
When you install HSP you can install a device with a newer firmware version on the current TIA Portal version, not need to install a newer version of TIA Portal. However, you can only use a version supported by the software. For example, the latest version FW of the S7-1200 CPU is V4.5.1 (until now), but you only can update HSP in V15.1 for the S7-1200 CPU to V4.3.1, if you want to use V4.4 or later you need to install V16 or later.
- Difference between S7-1200 CPU FW V4.0, V4.1…V4.5?
With each version of the firmware for the CPU, some new features, and functions will support. Example: With S7-1200 CPU 1214C DC/DC/DC FW V4.0 the working memory is 75KB, but if you upgrade it to V4.1 or later the working memory is 100 KB. Or on FW V4.5 the retentive memory for S7-1200 CPUs increased from 10 Kbytes to 14 Kbytes You can read more information about S7-1200 CPU FW Version 4.x here.
- Note that in this post we only show about install the HSP in TIA Portal, not about the upgrade or downgrade of the firmware of the S7-1200 CPU. We will guide you to do it in the next post. If you have a CPU with V4.0 or later you can upgrade or downgrade without any issue.
Could be helpful for you:
- LOGO SOFT COMFORT V8.3 DOWNLOAD
- Communication In Between Delta DOP-100 Series HMI and Siemens S7-300 PLC
- SELECT AN ENCODER FOR THE APPLICATION – HOW TO DO IT?
How To INSTALL HSP TIA Portal – A HARDWARE SUPPORT PACKAGE (HSP)
Step 1: Download HSP for the current software.
Step 2: Extract it and install HSP tia portal software.
For details on the steps, you can refer to the below video.
Video guide for installing HSP Tia portal
If you can not watch the video on YouTube, please watch it: Here
TIA HSP Download link
- HSP V15.1 (S7-1200 CPU FW V4.3.1), V16.0, V17.0: Link
- Link: How to update firmware PLC S7-1200 using TIA Portal.
If you have any questions about: “INSTALL HSP TIA PORTAL”, please comment below.
-365EVN; Refer: Siemens.com–
If you find this content valuable, please rate it (click the button above), share it with your friends or invite me for a coffee by clicking the button below.