Install HSP in TIA Portal – How to do it?. This post, in series, learn Siemens S7-1200 on 365EVN. We will show you about HSP in TIA Portal (Totally Integrated Automation Portal).
Table of Contents
INSTALL HSP TIA PORTAL – Some information
- In this post, we only show about HSP for S7-1200 CPU with FW V4.0 or later. For another device, you can read the manual for more information.
- What is HSP in TIA Portal?
HSP is a “Hardware Support Package“. With this HSP you can install newer devices in TIA Portal Hardware Catalog. For example: With TIA Portal V15.1 (we installed it in the previous post) you only create a project with an S7-1200 CPU with firmware up to FW V4.2. However, after you install HSP tia portal S7-1200 V4.3.1 you can be working with V4.3 FW on TIA Portal V15.1.
Why do need to INSTALL A HARDWARE SUPPORT PACKAGE FOR TIA PORTAL?
When you install HSP you can install a device with a newer firmware version on the current TIA Portal version, not need to install a newer version of TIA Portal. However, you can only use a version supported by the software. For example, the latest version FW of the S7-1200 CPU is V4.5.1 (until now), but you only can update HSP in V15.1 for S7-1200 CPU to V4.3.1, if you want to use V4.4 or later you need to install V16 or later.
- Difference between S7-1200 CPU FW V4.0, V4.1…V4.5?
With each version of the firmware for the CPU, some new features, functions will support. Example: With S7-1200 CPU 1214C DC/DC/DC FW V4.0 the working memory is 75KB, but if you upgrade it to V4.1 or later the working memory is 100KB. Or on FW V4.5 the retentive memory for S7-1200 CPUs increased from 10 Kbytes to 14 Kbytes You can read more information about S7-1200 CPU FW Version 4.x here.
- Note that in this post we only show about install the HSP in TIA Portal, not about the upgrade or downgrade of the firmware of the S7-1200 CPU. We will guide you to do it in the next post. If you have a CPU with V4.0 or later you can upgrade or downgrade without any issue.
Could be helpful for you:
- LOGO SOFT COMFORT V8.3 DOWNLOAD
- Communication In Between Delta DOP-100 Series HMI and Siemens S7-300 PLC
- SELECT AN ENCODER FOR THE APPLICATION – HOW TO DO IT?
How To INSTALL HSP TIA Portal – A HARDWARE SUPPORT PACKAGE (HSP)
Step 1: Download HSP for the current software.
Step 2: Extract it and install hsp tia portal software.
For detail of the steps, you can refer to the below video.
Video guide for install hsp tia portal
- HSP V15.1 (S7-1200 CPU FW V4.3.1), V16.0, V17.0: Link
- Link: How to update firmware PLC S7-1200 using TIA Portal.
If you have any questions about: “INSTALL HSP TIA PORTAL”, please comment below.
-365EVN; Refer: Siemens.com–
If you find this content valuable, please rate it (click the button above), share it with your friends or invite me for a coffee by clicking the button below.