S7-1200 is a perfect solution for replacing S7-200. This post shows you some things to learn about S7-1200.
Before Learn S7-1200 – Some Information
Siemens Simatic S7-1200 controller provides the flexibility and power to control a wide variety of applications. The compact design, flexible configuration, and powerful instruction set combine to make the S7-1200 a perfect solution for replacing for S7-200. If you want to start learning a Siemens PLC, we recommend starting with S7-1200 for your applications.
A CPU S7 1200 includes:
- Power connector (AC or DC)
- Input/ Output/ Analog Input
- Memory card slot
- Status LEDs (START/STOP, MAINT, ERROR)
- Profinet connector
Each CPU has the Hight-Speed Counter (HSC) up to 100kHz (onboard) or 200kHz (Signal board) and Pluses Output up to 1MHz (PTO & PWM). Detail each CPU you can read in the manual or see on the TIA Portal programming software.
Could be helpful for you:
- Set Focus An Object in WinCC – TIA Portal When Screen Changes
- Communication In Between Delta DOP-100 Series HMI and Siemens S7-300 PLC
- Delta Servo ASDA Soft Guide – Basic Function
Programming Software To Learn Simatic S7 1200
Total Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal) is programming software for PLC (S7-1200, S7-1500, S7-300, S7-400), Human Machine Interface (HMI), and configure SINAMICS Startdrive. TIA Portal provides a user-friendly environment to develop controller logic, configure HMI visualization, and set up network communication. The latest version is V17, we will use V15.1 update 5 for all projects on this tutorial. You need a Windows (7/10/Server) with 64bits to installing V15.1 (or V16). With S7-PLCSIM you can create a virtual controller for simulating S7 controllers and makes simulation of functions. In this tutorial, we will bring to you:
- Learn S7-1200 Basic: Upload/Download the program, Upgrade the firmware for CPU…
- Using Hight Speed Counter (HSC), PTO, PWM
- Analog control: Input/Output
- Communication S7-1200 and HMIs
The Equipment Using On The Tutorial
- S7-1200 CPU 1214C DC/DC/DC V4.x Firmware
- Signal Board Analog Output Module SB1232 AQ 1x12Bit
- Encoder for High-Speed Counter (HSC) function
- Simatic Memory Card
- Accessories (LAN Cable, 24VDC Power…)
Programming and Simulation Software To Learn S7-1200
If you can not watch the video on Youtube, please watch it: Here
- Download S7-1200 PLC Programming Software- TIA Portal (v15.1, v16.0, v17.0), PLCSIM, PLCSIM Advanced: Link
- V4.3 of S7-1200 PLC System Manual.
- S7-1200 PLC System Manual V4.4: Link
- V4.5 of S7-1200 PLC System Manual
All posts (with guide video) about “learn s7-1200” you can read here: Link
If you have any questions about: “Learn S7-1200. Some Things You Need To Start A Project” please comment below.
-365EVN; Refer: Siemens.com–
If you find this content valuable, please rate it (click the button above), share it with your friends or invite me for a coffee by clicking the button below.