ISPSoft 3.14 is the latest version of Delta PLC programming software (until now). When we working on a project we need to work with variables. With a big project, the variables (symbol ) is very much and managing or debugging the program with the symbols is a burden for the programmer.
In this post, we share a method to create and manage the symbol table (variables) by using the “Export and Import Symbol” functions.
Table of Contents
ISPSoft – Local Symbol and Global Symbol table
On Delta ISPSoft we have two types of symbol tables is the local symbol and the global symbol.
- The global symbols: It can be used in all the POUs in a project, we can access the global symbol by clicking on the “Project tree” -> “Global symbols”.
- The local symbols: It can only be used in the POU in which the local symbols are declared. We can see the local symbol table in a POU is at the top of the window for the POU. And the label of a local symbol in a POU can be the same as the label of a local symbol in another POU.
- However, if the label of a local symbol declared is the same as the label of a global symbol, ISPSoft will automatically regard the local symbol declared in a POU as a local symbol.
Add the variables to the symbol table
- Delta ISPSoft 3.14.01
- Microsoft Office – Excel
We can be using this method for the local symbol and global symbol table. In this post, we make it on the local symbol table. Follow the below steps:
- Open ISPSoft and create a project, click on “Project tree” -> “Programs” and add a POU.
- Right-click on “Local symbols” (at the top of the program window) -> “Add a symbol” and enter the information’s of the symbol.
- Right-click on the symbol added. Select “Export Local Symbol”, enter the file name and select the folder to save the file. Click “Save” we have a “*.csv” file.
- Open the “*.csv” file above with Microsoft Excel”. And then add all symbols for the POU by entering the information for all columns, saving the file and closing Microsoft Excel.
- Require: Class, Identifiers, Address, Type columns
- Optional: Initial Value and Comment columns
- Back to “ISPSoft”, right-click on the symbol added. Select “Import Local Symbol” and browse to the “*.csv” file edited. Tick on “Yes” for “Clear table before importing”. Click “OK”.
- Now all symbols added to the local symbol are easy and quick. You can try this method with a real Delta PLC or use simulator mode on ISPSoft.
Guide video simulation Delta PLC on WPLSoft & ISPSoft
If you can not watch the video on Youtube, please watch it: Here
Download ISPSoft latest version
- ISPSoft 3.15 – Delta PLC programming software latest version: Link
- All guide videos about PLC HMI, VFD and Servo programming by 365evn (Video area): Link
Hope that with the above method you can easily manage all variables for your project on ISPSoft. It is helpful when we use a Delta HMI connect to the Delta PLC also. In the next post, we will use the “*.csv” file exported from ISP Soft for programming the HMI on DOPSoft.
If you have any questions please comment below.
See you in the next post!
-365evn.com, Refer Delta–
If you find this content valuable, please rate it (click the button above), share it with your friends or invite me for a coffee by clicking the button below.