S7-200 SMART PLC Software New Version – The S7 200 SMART PLC series is a line of micro-programmable logic controllers (Micro PLCs) that can control a variety of automation applications. Compact design, low cost, and a powerful instruction set make the S7-200 SMART a perfect solution for controlling small applications. A new version V2.6 of S7-200 SMART Software is available to download.
S7-200 SMART PLC Software V2.6
- The following CPU models support the S7-200 SMART V2.6 firmware:
- These new models of S7 200 Smart cannot be downgraded to V2.5, V2.4 or any previous version.
- Any previous version SR or ST model with an article number ending with 0AA0 cannot be upgraded to V2.6.
- V2.6 Software of S7-200 Smart PLCs adds Web Server functions. It included:
- Web server wizard: It is used to create, configure Web-Server functions
- The certificate management wizard is used to manage, download and upload certificates for the Web server.
- Web pages provide the function to view and modify the PLC data through browsers
For more information about S7-200 SMART Software V2.6, you can download and read the system manual (Version 2.6, 05/2021) at the end of the post.
Software for S7-200 Smart PLCs – V2.6 System Requirements
- Windows7 SP1 or Windows 10 (32-bits or 64-bits).
- Windows patches requirement: The latest security patches from Microsoft should always be used. With Windows 7 SP1, the KB4474419 update is required.
- At least 350 MB of free hard disk space
- Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels with small font setting.
- Mouse supported by Microsoft Windows
- One of the following cables for communication with S7-200 SMART:
- Ethernet cable connected to Network Interface Card
- USB/PPI Multi-Master cable for serial communication
- Incompatible products: You cannot install and run STEP 7-Micro/WIN SMART on the same computer with the following Siemens products: SIMOTION SCOUT or STARTER Commissioning Software.
Could be helpful for you:
- Step7 MicroWin Smart For S7-200 SMART Series
- Easy Builder Pro – The Weintek HMI Software & EasyView HMI Software
- Unlock POU Password S7-200 Smart Use Step7 MicroWIN Smart
S7 200 SMART Software V2.6 – Download and Setup
- You can download the install source of V2.6 software and manual at the end of the post.
- You can run the following products on the same system: STEP 7-Micro/WIN, STEP 7-Micro/WIN SMART, PC Access, S7-200 PC Access SMART. If, however, you uninstall any one version you must reinstall the version(s) you choose to keep, due to shared components.
- Potential conflicts with SIMATIC NET when you install S7-200 Smart PLC Programming
If you have SIMATIC NET V6.2 or earlier installed on your computer. You might receive the following error when installing the software: “Fatal error in SIMATIC NET Component sntieno.dll. Installation of protocol siem_isotrans failed with error code hr=0x80070430”. If you receive this error, follow these steps:
- Finish the installation and reboot your computer.
- Use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall STEP 7 MicroWIN SMART and reboot your computer.
- Install the soft again. After the installation, you will not receive the error.
- To install the software, follow these steps:
- Log in the Windows with administrator privileges.
- Close all applications including the Microsoft Office Toolbar.
- Double-click “Setup.exe” to start the setup program.
- Follow the displayed instructions to complete the installation
- Read more information on the file “readme409.pdf” in the install source folder.
Direct link download:
- S7-200 Smart Programming Software: V2.5
- V2.5 Firmware update file for PLC S7-200 SMART
- S7 200 Smart PLC Programming V2.6
- Link S7 200 SMART System Manual V2.6
-365EVN; Refer: Siemens.com–