RSLinx Classic is a communication management software for Rockwell PLC. In this article, 365EVN guides you to use RSLinx Classic Lite to connect to MicroLogix 1000. You can use this way for all Rockwell processors with an RS232 port.
Table of Contents
- RSLinx Classic connect MicroLogix 1000
- Step to connect MicroLogix 1000 and RSLinx Classic Lite
- Install the driver for USB to RS232 cable
- Connect RSLinx lite to MicroLogix 1000
- Rockwell RSLinx and MicroLogix 1000 communication on Windows 10
- Download RSLogix Micro Starter Lite 8.30, RSEmulate 500, RS Linx Classic Lite Free: Link
RSLinx Classic connect MicroLogix 1000
To connect Rockwell MicroLogix 1000 to RSLinx Classic lite we used:
- Rockwell Micrologix 1000 processor
- MicroLogix communication cable 1761-CBL-PM02
- USB to RS232 cable
- RSLinx-Classic Lite software on Windows 10 x64. You can download RSLinx Classic lite at the end of the article.
Step to connect MicroLogix 1000 and RSLinx Classic Lite
Install the driver for USB to RS232 cable
- Download the driver for your cable at “365EVN Download“. In normal the USB to RS232 used CH34x chipset.
- Extract and install the driver.
- Check again in “Device manager”. We have a “COM” port number (COM 1, COM 2…)
Connect RSLinx lite to MicroLogix 1000
- Open “RSLinx-Classic Lite”
- Click “Communications” -> “Configure Drivers”
- Select the driver type is “RS-232 DF1 devices”. And then click “Add new…”
- Enter the name of your driver (your device). Click “OK”.
- Select the COM number at the “Com port” box
- Click “Auto-configure”, the RSLinx will auto-search and connect to MicroLogix 1000 with a message: “Auto-Configuration Successful”. Click “OK” and now RSLinx Lite is connected to MicroLogix 1000.
- Refer to the video below for more detail of these steps
Rockwell RSLinx and MicroLogix 1000 communication on Windows 10
If you can not watch the video on Youtube, please watch it: Here
- All guide videos about PLC HMI, VFD and Servo programming by 365evn (Video area): Link
With RSLinx Classic Lite we can connect and manage the communication between Rockwell MicroLogix processor and PC simply and easily. It is like the Delta COMMGR software for Delta PLC.
-365EVN, Refer Rockwell Automation–
If you find this content valuable, please rate it (click the button above), share it with your friends or invite me for a coffee by clicking the button below.