Siemens Smart Line HMI includes the SMART 700 and SMART 1000 series. It uses WinCC Flexible SMART V3 SP2 for HMI programming. In this article, 365EVN guides you to Download the program to Smart line HMI 700 IE V3 through the Ethernet port. You can try this method with all Smart line HMI supported Ethernet ports.
Table of Contents
Siemens Smart Line HMI – Download Program
For download program to Siemens Smart Line HMI through ethernet port we use:
- Smart Line HMI – Model SMART 700 IE V3
- Laptop with Windows 10 x64
- Ethernet cable
- WinCC Flexible SMART V3 SP2. You can download WinCC Flexible SMART V3 SP2 here.
Download Program to Smart Line HMI IE
Step 1 – Check SMART LINE HMI IP address
- Go to “Control panel” on HMI Smart line
- Press “Ethernet” -> “IP address” and note the IP address and subnet mask. You can change these values.
On laptop with WinCC Flexible SMART V3 SP2
- Open the Windows control panel -> “Network and sharing center” -> “Change adapter settings” select Ethernet card and set the IP, the subnet mask for your PC.
- Open the project with WinCC Flexible SMART V3 SP2 software
- Click the “Download – Transfer” button.
- Select transfer method (Ethernet), enter the Siemens Smart line HMI IP address (get on step 1). Click “Start Transfer”. The language is Chinese therefore you can see the image below
- Download program to Smart line HMI start. If the firmware (OS) on HMI and the WinCC Flexible SMART V3 is different we need to upgrade the firmware (OS) first. And then we download – transfer the program to Siemens SMART LINE HMI again.
- Refer to the video below for more detail.
Download program to Siemens Smart line HMI IE V3 on Windows 10 x64
We can download – transfer the program to Smart Line HMI easy through ethernet. In the next post, we will guide you to backup and restore the program on Smart line HMI by using Simatic prosave or USB.
If you find this content valuable, please rate it (click the button above), share it with your friends or invite me for a coffee by clicking the button below.